Laurent Ferrier know how to make a sexy wristwatch. The Sport Auto launched earlier this year had us swooning but the new Classic Traveller Magnetic Green Série Atelier III is positively drool worthy. A sleek and modern take on a dual time zone complication finished to perfection.
The Classic Traveller design first debuted back in 2013, replacing the traditional GMT hand of dual time zone watches with a 24-hour display at 9 o’clock. The swap makes for a much more refined display, as instead of a second hour hand occupying a lot of space there’s a simple window that mirrors the date aperture at 3. The design is a lot more balanced.
Here, the Classic Traveller has been upgraded to be part of the Série Atelier with the ref. LCF007.T1.V8G, the third model to join the series. Série Atelier is a collection of limited editions that are only available from the Laurent Ferrier online shop. The collection began in 2020 and includes last year’s École Annual Calendar.
Experimental colours have dominated the series so far and the Classic Traveller is no different with the dial in a colour Laurent Ferrier call magnetic-green. It’s a very pale, desaturated lime tone that looks metallic thanks to the sunburst finishing.
Combined with the long hour markers and thin Assegai hour and minute hands the overall impression is infinitely elegant. The running seconds subdial at 6 o’clock also breaks up the display nicely and makes the watch interesting to look at.
Below the surface, the Laurent Ferrier houses the LF230.02 automatic calibre. It’s a very pretty movement as seen through the exhibition caseback, the level of finishing is exceptional – something Laurent Ferrier are known for. It has a circular-grained mainplate, a guilloché decorated micro-rotor and plenty of rhodium plated and satin polished surfaces with bevelled edges.
All of which is highly visible due to the micro-rotor taking up less space. It’s a sexy watch inside and out. Plus, the specs match the level of finishing as it has an 80-hour power reserve.
As mentioned, the Classic Traveller Magnetic Green Série Atelier III is a limited edition, specifically of 15 pieces, and is only available from Laurent Ferrier’s online boutique. The price of CHF 62,000 (approx. £52,500) reflects the insane level of finishing across the board as well as the quality of the movement.
Price & Specs:
- Model: Laurent Ferrier Classic Traveller Magnetic Green Série Atelier III
- Ref: LCF007.T1.V8G
- Case: 41mm diameter (49 mm including the lugs) x 10mm thickness (12.64mm including the sapphire crystal), titanium case with domed sapphire crystals on front and back, ball shaped crown
- Dial: Magnetic green, 18ct white gold hour markers, bevelled date window
- Water resistance: 30m (3 bar)
- Movement: In-house calibre LF230.02, automatic, off-centred micro-rotor in 18K solid gold with pawl-fitted unidirectional winding, fixed between the main plate and the bridge of the micro-rotor and equipped with a “silent bloc” type shock-absorbing system, 44 jewels, 288 parts
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Power reserve: 80h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds at 6 o’clock date at 3 o’clock, dual time zone at 9 o’clock
- Strap: Forest-green Nubuck leather, hand stitched with Alcantara lining and titanium pin buckle
- Price/availability: CHF 62,000 ex. VAT (approx. £52,500), limited to 15 pieces