Ever since revamping the collection last year with the Professional 300 Tag Heuer have been releasing new Aquaracers at an impressive rate. Expanding the Professional 300, 200 and 1000 models. Now they’re adding a globe trotting edition to mix in the form of the new Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professional 300 GMT.
Aesthetically it maintains the strong identity of the Aquaracer range. A 43mm case with 300m water resistance capped with a 12-sided bi-directional ceramic bezel. As part of the new GMT function, the bezel now sports a 24-hour scale with day/night indication in blue and white. The bezel works in conjunction with the bright yellow GMT hand to allow the wearer to track the time across multiple time zones easily – making the watch suitable for the those who travel regularly. Its travel utility and diving specs make it the ideal timepiece for surfers and sailors who set off across the globe to find the best waves and nicest waters.
Powering the watch is the Tag Heuer Calibre 7, an automatic calibre with 50-hour power reserve and hours, minutes, seconds, date and GMT functions. Beyond that, all that’s really left to say is that the Aquaracer Professional 300 GMT is available on either a stainless steel bracelet or blue rubber strap to match its blue horizontal line dial.
The bracelet version is priced at £3,150 which is £450 more than its time and date cousins. Not an insubstantial price difference but one justified by the Calibre 7’s superior specifications and additional functionality. The rubber strap version is slightly more accessible at £2,900.
Price & Specs:
- Model: Tag Heuer Aquaracer Professional 300 GMT
- Ref: WBP2010.BA0632 (stainless steel bracelet)
WBP2010.FT6198 (rubber strap)
- Case/dial: 43mm diameter, stainless steel case with two-tone bezel, sunray brushed blue dial
- Water resistance: 300m (30 bar)
- Movement: TAG Heuer‘s calibre 7 (Sellita SW330-2), automatic, 25 jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 50h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date, GMT
- Strap: Stainless steel bracelet or deep midnight blue rubber strap with fine adjustment system
- Price/availability: £2,900 (rubber strap) and £3,150 (stainless steel bracelet)