Farer brings a large scoop of quirky British style to all their creations, experimenting with fun colours and unique designs. Don’t believe us, check out the AquaMatic diver we featured in the Oracle Time Dive Watch Guide 2022. Now their combining their funky colours with their new for 2022 cushion shaped case. This is the Farer Sector Dial Cushion.
There are three versions of the new sector dial watch called the Durham, Mansfield and Lethbridge. All of them feature the same 38.5mm cushion case made from stainless steel with 50m water resistance and a curved sapphire glass. A cushion case, for the uninitiated, has a roughly square shaped design with curved sides – one of the most iconic examples of which is the Panerai Submersible.
Where the three versions of the Farer Sector Dial Cushion watch differ are their dials. The Durham is arguably the most classical of the trio, rocking a salmon tone display with dark grey hour scale. It reminds me of the Fears Brunswick Salmon (so elegant we included it in our 1920s style photoshoot), which happens to be another retro/vintage-inspired, British cushion watch.
Then there’s the Lethbridge, which has a silver dial with bright blue hands and Roman numerals. It feels the most modern of the three because of its metallic, industrial edge. My personal favourite though is the Mansfield with its pale, matcha tea green sector dial. It’s a really nice shade that’s not so dazzling as emerald but that’s also brighter than forest green.
Inside, it houses the modified Sellita SW216-1 Elaboré Grade movement, a manual winding calibre with 45-hour power reserve. Through the exhibition caseback you can see its custom Farer arrow engraving on the bridge.
The Farer Sector Dial Cushion Case is priced at £895 and limited to 100 pieces per colourway. Included are St Venere leather straps in grey, green and blue, matched to the Durham, Mansfield and Lethbridge, respectively. With the soaring popularity of retro watches and British colour, there’s nothing not to love here.
Price & Specs:
- Model: Farer Sector Dial Cushion Lethbridge/Mansfield/Durham
- Case/dial: 38.5mm diameter x 10.5mm thickness, sector dial in vertica salmon copper/tea green/astro silver with raised slate grey circle, black/tea green/silver sub dial
- Water resistance: 50m (5 bar)
- Movement: Swiss made Sellita calibre SW216-1, manual winding, 24 jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 45h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds
- Strap: St Venere leather with stainless steel buckle
- Price/availability: £895, limited to 100 pieces each