Panerai and Brabus have been collaborating on projects together for a couple of years now and their latest collaboration is here. It’s a new version of their 2021 timepiece the Submersible S Brabus Black Ops, with the new piece being called the Submersible S Brabus Verde Militare Edition.
Whenever we talk about Panerai, the conversation always turns to how huge they are and the Verde Militare Edition is no different at a diameter of 47mm. However, that’s not perhaps as egregious as it sounds because the carbotech construction of thePanerai Submersible S Brabus Verde Militare Edition case and unidirectional bezel means it’s incredibly lightweight despite its size.
The enormous size also lets the skeletonised display take up more of the spotlight. It’s also the area that’s seen the biggest update for the new edition in the form of a colour change. The hour markers, hands, day/night indicator, small seconds subdial and power reserve indicator are now presented in military green, which is what gives the model its Verde Militare name.
As with the previous Submersible S Brabus, it’s powered by the P.4001/S, which was their first ever skeletonised automatic movement. On top of that, it’s based on the P.4000, their first micro-rotor calibre, so it has great significance within Panerai’s technical development. It has a 72-hour power reserve and features hours, minutes, small seconds, GMT, day/night indicator, date and power reserve indicator functions.
It’s available on a bi-material strap made of calf leather and rubber with green stitching. Alternatively, it also comes with a green rubber strap, leaning in to the military aesthetic and ideal for diving.
The Panerai Submersible S Brabus Verde Militare Edition is limited to 200 pieces, double the availability of the Black Ops version. As for price, so far all of Panerai’s Brabus models have been priced at £42,300 and the Verde Militare is likely to be the same. At a fundamental level, this is just a new colourway of an existing watch. But that does nothing to detract from the fact that this is a cool, tactical diver and the military vibe suits it down to a T.
Price & Specs:
- Model: Panerai Submersible S Brabus Verde Militare Edition
- Ref: PAM01283
- Case/dial: 47mm diameter, Carbotech™ case, skeletonised dial
- Water resistance: 300m (30 bar)
- Movement: Panerai calibre P.4001/S, automatic, 31 jewels, 341 parts
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 3 days
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, polarized date, GMT, am/pm indicator, power reserve indicator on back, calculation of immersion time, seconds reset
- Strap: Calf rubber with green stitching and DLC coated titanium buckle and additional military green rubber strap
- Price/availability: £42,300, limited to 200 pieces