Stewart Dawson Voyager
Taking many of its style cues from classic GMT models, the latest from British microbrand Stewart Dawson brings a pop of bright colour to the archetypal traveller’s complication. Available in standard-but-safe black or blue, bold red or a downright lovely green – all with matching, lume-laced bezels – the voyager is a smart, pared-back dose of value-driven class.
- 41mm stainless steel case with 100m water resistance
- Japanese automatic movement with 42-hour power reserve
- €650 EUR (approx. £575), available at Stewart Dawson
It may, apparently, be inspired by the nautical heritage of Horatio Nelson, but the Axios Flagship is a seriously fun watch that sails far closer to retro than classical. That goes double for the Temeraire, with its light teal bezel with an orange 15-minute section. It’s big, bold and makes for a retro diver that surfaces above the wave of similar-minded models out there.
- 40mm stainless steel case with 200m water resistance
- Miyota 9015 automatic movement with 42-hour power reserve
- $499 USD (approx. £365), available at Axios Watches
Simpl Reverse Misty Tan
Simpl by name, simple by nature, the Reverse takes stripped-back, Bauhaus style to the extreme, to the point of eliminating the faff and fuss of hands. Instead, the dial rotates to tell the time, marked off with a line on the case at where 10 o’clock would normally be. It’s an inventive, visually intriguing watch, especially in the latest Misty colourway with its white dial. Minimalism has nothing on Simpl.
- 40mm stainless steel case with 50m water resistance
- Japanese Miyota manual-wind movement
- $189 USD (Approx. £140), available at Simpl Watch
Marloe Atlantic Chronoscope Spirit
Living up to its name, the latest from accessible British watch brand Marloe is all about the golden age of transatlantic air travel, the glory days of Pan Am and the like. The Atlantic Spirit takes its design cues from the silvery Spirit of St. Louis, which completed the first solo Atlantic crossing in 1927. That means a raw aluminium take on classic flieger style, and it works.
- 43mm stainless steel case with 100m water resistance
- Seiko NE88a automatic movement with 45-hour power reserve
- £975, available at Marloe Watch Company
Undone Urban34 Navi
We don’t often cover women’s watches here; not because we have anything against them, but diamonds and pearls wear thin. The same can’t be said of the Undone34 Navi. As the name suggests, this is a downsized take on their flagship Urban line and shares the same vintage look, with an ever-elegant black and gold colourway. Complete with a quick change strap system with five strap colours available, it’s a cool, accessible women’s watch – and without a diamond in sight.
- 34mm rose gold PVD-coated stainless steel case with 30m water resistance
- Seiko TMI VH61 Quartz movement
- £169, available at Undone