The trend of high end watchmakers collaborating with hype, street fashion brands continues with H. Moser & Cie.’s new Streamliner Chronograph UNDEFEATED. However, instead of the typical convoluted collaboration that makes you think why on earth is a £50,000 watch considered “street”, H. Moser have created a watch that’s actually cool.
At a basic level, this is a re-styling of the existing Streamliner Flyback Chronograph. The stainless steel case’s proportions are the same at 42.3mm in a cushion design. However, it has been given a dark grey DLC treatment that makes it look a lot more broody. It tamps down on the bright railway aesthetic to create something that’s, well, more street.
However, it’s the dial where the collaboration with UNDEFEATED really comes into its own as the watch has a Black Tiger Camo print, a favourite of the streetwear brand. The pattern has been rendered through a process of engraving and lacquer to produce the colour and signature H. Moser fumé gradient, similar to the Streamliner Perpetual Calendar.
Under the surface, the Streamliner Chronograph UNDEFEATED houses the calibre HMC 902 automatic movement. It has a 54-hour power reserve with double barrel to help power the column wheel chronograph complication with two stage mechanism. Perhaps unsurprisingly for a collaboration like this, it’s a limited edition of 76 pieces priced at CHF 50,000 (approx. £41,300).
Price & Specs:
- Model: H. Moser & Cie. Streamliner Chronograph UNDEFEATED Limited Edition
- Case: 42.3mm diameter x 14.2mm height, dark grey DLC-treated stainless steel case, chronograph push-buttons at 10 and 2 o’clock, screw-down crown at 4 o’clock adorned with an engraved “M”, see-through case-back
- Dial: Black Tiger Camo fumé dial with UNDEFEATED logo made in DLC-treated steel, applied DLC-treated numerals, hour and minute hands with anthracite grey Globolight® inserts, minute track for the elapsed seconds and minutes, tachymeter on the flange
- Water resistance: 120m (12 bar)
- Movement: Calibre HMC 902 developed with AGENHOR for H. Moser & Cie., automatic column wheel chronograph with horizontal clutch with friction wheel, 34.4mm diameter x 7.3mm height, 55 jewels, 434 parts
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Power reserve: 54h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, chronograph with central display and indication of the elapsed minutes and seconds, flyback on the minutes and seconds
- Strap: Integrated dark grey DLC-treated steel bracelet with folding clasp with three DLC-treated steel blades, engraved with the Moser logo
- Price/availability: CHF 50,000 (approx. £41,300), limited to 76 pieces, available 22 June 2022 from undefeated.com and H. Moser’s e-commerce platform