Bell & Ross’ BR 05 series has become increasingly diverse in recent months, introducing precious metals and additional complications to the collection. However, Bell & Ross haven’t forgotten about the steel, three-hand model at the core of the range, expanding it with a new dial option: the BR 05 Copper Brown.
Sometimes a watch’s name tell you everything you need to know about the timepiece and that’s very much the case here. The new watch has the same proportions and structure as the existing BR 05 with a 40mm stainless steel case with a stepped bezel and a dial that is, perhaps unsurprisingly, a copper brown colour.
The specific shade of copper brown was developed specifically for this watch and has been created through a process of varnishing. This technique involves machining the base dial with the desired texture, in this case sunray brushed, before layers of translucent varnish are slowly applied. As the layers build up, so does the colour. Eventually it attains the rich, metallic saturation seen here, providing a nice foil to the pre-existent black, silver and blue versions.
In addition to the new brown dial, it comes with a matching brown rubber strap. Just in time for updating your wardrobe with browns and pale tones ready for the autumn season. While a new colourway isn’t world breaking news, additional options are always something to be welcomed, giving more choice to the collector. Especially as the BR 05 Copper Brown on steel bracelet has the same price as its stable mates at £4,300 – £3,800 on rubber strap.
Price & Specs:
- Model: Bell & Ross BR 05 Copper Brown
- Ref: BR05A-BR-ST/SRB (rubber strap)
BR05A-BR-ST/SST (stainless steel bracelet)
- Case/dial: 40mm width x 10.33mm thickness, light brown sunray dial
- Water resistance: 100m (10 bar)
- Movement: Bell & Ross calibre BR-CAL.321, automatic
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 38h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Strap: Brown rubber or satin finished stainless steel bracelet
- Price/availability: £3,800 (rubber strap) and £4,300 (stainless steel bracelet)