The Scottish masters of vitreous enamel, anOrdain, have announced the launch of their reinvigorated Model 2 MKII. It’s a revamp of their field watch inspired timepiece and improves upon the original 2019 design with the addition of a seconds hand and minute track as well as introducing a new case size option.
When the Model 2 was first released we hailed it as a new era in Scottish watchmaking and since then the brand has only gone from strength to strength. Model 2 MKII builds on that foundation by integrating design elements given in feedback from the brand’s customers and collectors.
The biggest change, literally, is that it’s now available in a stainless steel case with a diameter of 39.5mm, in addition to the original 36mm. It gives the watch a bolder appearance on the wrist and helps with legibility since the display is larger. Ultimately enhancing the field watch aesthetic that the Model 2 is based on.
On the dial, which is still vitreous enamel in a choice of three colours, there’s now a peripheral minute track. It makes it much easier to tell the time and is a solid quality of life improvement, as is the addition of a seconds hand alongside the central hours and minutes. The colours on offer are racing green, grey haar and flax.
Other than those few welcome tweaks, the Model 2 MKII is same Model 2 that sold out incredibly fast. Due to the tricky nature of vitreous enamel, annual production will be limited to around 200 pieces meaning waiting lists are sure to be long. So if you’re keen, you’re better off picking one up sooner rather than later. And at £1,700 for the 36mm and £1,800 for the 39.5mm, they make classical finishing accessible.
Price & Specs:
- Model: anOrdain Model 2 MKII
- Case/dial: 36mm (medium) or 39.5mm (large) diameter x 11mm thickness, 43mm (medium) or 46mm (large) lug to lug length, blued brushed or polished stainless steel case, custom-made and heat treated hands finished with SuperLuminova tips, vitreous enamel on copper dial in white, racing green, grey haar, flax
- Water resistance: 50m (5 bar)
- Movement: Sellita SW-210-1, manual winding, Incabloc shock protection, 19 jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 42h
- Functions: Hours, minutes, central seconds
- Strap: Burgundy or black leather
- Price/availability: £1,700 (Medium) and £1,800 (Large), non-limited production with annual production limited to around 200 pieces
More details at anOrdain.